• Latest Update

 

 

ENUGU, NIKE REHABILITATION CENTRE

 

 

The Nike Rehabilitation Centre for the Disabled was originally established and managed by an expatriate philanthropist, Mr. Lakin to care for cured leprosy patients who had suffered rejection and stigma from family and society upon contracting the disease. When in 1977 he decided to leave Nigeria, he sought an organization with interest and capability of continuing his good work of charity. None was willing, including the then State Government. He then approached the Marist Brothers who eventually accepted and took up the responsibility of running the centre. The centre served as a total social/humanitarian community where these rejected individuals suffering from the social taboo associated with leprosy were materially and spiritually fed by the Marist Brothers. Education is equally provided for their children. In 1995, the Marist Nursery/Primary School was established in the centre to offer free education for children of the inmates while children from neighboring towns and communities are equally admitted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MARIST UNIVERSITY IS HERE 


 

 

 

St. Marcellin Champagnat.

The Founder Of Marist

Brothers Of The Schools.

(1817)